Monday, July 26, 2010

YZ ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG?

WHERE CAN I FIND THE ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG OF YAMAHA YZ 85 CC?YZ ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG?
The YZ85 has a 2-stroke motor and is lubricated by oil mixed with the the gas, therefore it does not have an engine drain plug since no oil is carried in the engine...





It does, however, have a small quantity of oil in the gearbox and that is drained by undoing the middle bolt under the crankcase side, near where it says Yamaha, at least that's where it was in the old ones.





EDIT-gzak5150 should read all the way through before calling someone out, otherwise he just looks like an idiot. And for the record I've been a rider since the late 70's and have owned 5 2-strokes, in fact I still own 2 of them.YZ ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG?
OK Dani's right....my bad.....I just looked on Thumpertalk and someone asked the same question. The drain bolt should be on the clutch side under the clutch cover ( brake side) kind of at an angle. It should have a copper washer on it. Why they dont put them under the motor I dont really know. One of my riding buddys has a 1999 YZ250 and his drain bolt is on the bottom like my CR500 and my son's CR85. Make sure you warm the bike up before you drain the oil.
That model doesn't have an oil drain bolt - the same as a Yamaha PW50


The oil is to be siphoned out through the oil fill cap.


http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di鈥?/a>
Should be underneath towards the rear on the left hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment