Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My father had a friend of his change his oil yesterday. Didnt tighten drain plug and it blew up.?

My father had asked them if every thing was tight before the man dropped it back down off the jack and he said it was. Later on in the day, my father was driving home from a restaurant and the engine seized.I am wondering if that person is legally entitled to either have my fathers car fixed or buy him a new car.My father had a friend of his change his oil yesterday. Didnt tighten drain plug and it blew up.?
Your father's friend is not liable as he is not a trader.My father had a friend of his change his oil yesterday. Didnt tighten drain plug and it blew up.?
If he had put the drain plug in, even hand tightened it, it wouldn't have emptied out that fast. Maybe he didn't replace all of the oil. I have always changed my own oil,(until I just got a new Explorer, and I haven't done it yet) I pay more attention to my car, and my husbands truck than he does. I'm right there beside him when it needs work done, and I know as much as he does about most cars. So we're not all Dummy's that ';blow engines.'; I have beautiful hands and manicured nails also, so I'm no grease monkey.


ANYWAY...If his friend is any kind of friend, he'll do whats right and


fix it. He could sue him, but he's lost a friend. Will he still be a friend if he does nothing?
Your father is legally entitled to shut his car off instead of driving it with no oil pressure. Is he some kind of nut?





It's not easy to seize up an engine. Women do it all the time, I know, but they figure somebody else has to fix it.
The man's responsibility lies in whether your father paid him for the services, or whether your father went the cheap route to have his oil changed for free.





Reminds me of an old adage...


';You get what you pay for. ';





Reliable garage mechanics are worth their weight in gold.
Your farther should have seen that the oil warning light was on when he was driving the car.


Your farther can ask is friend if he is willing to pay for the damage ,but it could spoil a good friendship .
the man who changed the oil is liable for the engine. i think those places gets in too big of hurry to get your money and they don,t pay any attention. that,s why i change my own oil.
There's more here than what you're saying. Didn't your father notice the oil warning lamp that came on when the oil pressure dropped? I doubt that there's any recourse here. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment