Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where is the oil filter and drain plug on my 02 jetta?

its a GLX VR6Where is the oil filter and drain plug on my 02 jetta?
You'll need a 36mm socket to open the housing for the cartridge-type filter.





I believe 2002 was the last year for the 12-valve VR6. Here are the directions for an oil change for the 12-valve, with pics:


http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id鈥?/a>Where is the oil filter and drain plug on my 02 jetta?
The VR6 uses an element/housing type oil filter, much like modern BMWs. It is located between the engine and radiator attached to the engine block. The oil drain plug is located on the bottom of the oil pan towards the rear.





If you have any other VW or VR6 related questions please email me... n19811978@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment