Monday, July 26, 2010

Oil Drain Plug Torque ?

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with a 2.4 liter engine in it . I am very particular about torqueing things to the proper torque values . The drain plug is not leaking onr bit !!!! I have been riding motorcycles for many years and have seen applicaions were the motorcycle manufacturers would use '; magnetic '; drain plugs in some applications and was thinking of buying one for my 2007 Toyota Camry thr next time I change the oil and filter . I REPEAT , THE CURRENT FACTORY INSTALLED OIL DRAIN PLUF IS NOT , IS NOT LEAKING AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME AS TO THE PROPER TORQUE VALUE IN FT. LBS. i ASSUME THAT THERE WILL BE A SMALL TOLLERENCE OF BETWEEN A , THIS AND THAT . ( LIKE TO TIGHTEN IT TO BETWEEN 15 - 20 FT. LBS. ) i WOULD CERTAINLY APPRECIATE AN INFO THAT SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL ME BACK WITH !!!! tHANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT FOR ME !!!! RICHARD M. BIRKBY , E-MAIL = rmbmpl@verizon.net .Oil Drain Plug Torque ?
Manual calls for 33 foot pounds, in two steps. First to 15, back off slightly and then to 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment