Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Part of my drain plug broke off in oil pan?!?

The person who owned my 1988 Jeep before me used an expandable drain plug, and when I tried removing it part of it broke off inside the oil pan. Is there a chance it will get sucked up into the engine or is there any kind of screen or something to stop it?Part of my drain plug broke off in oil pan?!?
Pull the pan my friend. Do not risk it!!!! The strong magnet answer will work, but it's not worth the risk. Part of my drain plug broke off in oil pan?!?
There is a screen at the bottom of the oil pump. I would still remove the oil pan if that's something you are able to do. It's never a good thing to have foreign material in your oil pan.
HI


If you can't remove the oil pan then take a strong magnet and attach it to the pan to hold the lose piece in one spot.. it well also help hold some of the metal shavings that you get with motor ware.


good luck


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment