Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wal-Mart services technican messed up my oil pan when changing my oil... he turned the drain plug the wrong?

way with a wrench, and he completely stripped the thread inside the oil pan so that the screw is now very loose, they are saying that it was the wrong plug but now it completely loose and I saw him struggling with the wrench, turning it the wrong way until he realized he was damaging the thread inside of the oil pan, they filed a claim and i called acura and they gave me an estimate of 700 dollars to fix. do you think that the insurance company for wal-mart will pay for damage that I know! he caused, his manger informed me that the technican was working there 2-3 months only and he's made ';a lot of mistakes'; i am not awaiting a call from the insurance adjustor... any tips? comments? what i should do? thank you! the car is a 1997 acura 3.0cl 6cyclinderWal-Mart services technican messed up my oil pan when changing my oil... he turned the drain plug the wrong?
I'd demand they fix it or pay to have it fixed and if they refuse tell the manager he will be hearing from your lawyer. That might scare


them into fixing it. I would definitely get the name of the dude that changed the oil because they will probably fire him to get rid of the evidence and if you have taken the car there several times before for oil changes there is more evidence for you that they did it as it wasn't leaking before.Wal-Mart services technican messed up my oil pan when changing my oil... he turned the drain plug the wrong?
The manager provided an admission on guilt by saying the technician has made alot of mistakes. If I were you I'd talk to the store manager about the situation. Because if the tech has made alot of mistakes then he shouldn't be working in that department, and walmart should pay for the damages caused by their technician. Good luck!
This is totally way off track.The service sucks.They should have apologized and no questions asked, should have inserted an oversized plug on the spot. You won't be too happy if that loose plug falls out on a trip.Get it fixed now. If you were here I would fix it and take my bill of 30 bucks right to them.They must pay, they are to be responsible.
$700?





If they refuse then just plug up the hole and retap it for $20 or so.





Dont do anything until you hear from them--insurance companies can be pretty random about what theyll cover-depends on mood of the adjuster and if they think youll sue and such.
They Already that that person made ';A Lot of Mistakes';!! Was it Leaking Oil before you came in? Get the Number and/or E-mail for Wal-Mart's Corp. Office and File a Complaint! $700 is a New Oil Pan? ';So the Car is Older, It was Good Before you came in There and They..............Your Car!';
they messed it up, they are responsible to fix it.


if they have told you that they will not fix it, then


I suggest getting it fixed by the dealer, then taking them to small claims court if they do not pay you.
This is not really a big a problem to fix. The Wal-Mart people can have the oil pan replaced. This is what I would choose if somebody else is paying for it.





If I had to pay for it, I would just re-tap the drain hole and get larger plugs. Auto part stores sell kits for these. This happens more often then you realize. It is fairly cheap (some where below $50).





$700 is just rediculouse. Since your car is 1997, you should be able to find used oil pan (used oil pans are just as good as new pan - unless the plugs are also stripped).








Good Luck.
Sounds like Wal-Mart has admitted fault and is taking action to repair it.





The biggest mistake is that you took your car to Walmart to have a highschool drop-out making $7.50/hour change your engine oil just so you could save a couple bucks.





The old saying goes, ';You get what you pay for';

No comments:

Post a Comment