Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2006 BMW 530i Oil Change - Where is the Access Cover to the Drain Plug.?

I want to change the oil on my 2006 BMW 530i that I just purchased. The undercarriage has a cover under the engine. Where is the access cover that needs to be removed to get to the drain plug? Also I know the battery is in the trunk, Is it in the passenger side panel?2006 BMW 530i Oil Change - Where is the Access Cover to the Drain Plug.?
dont even try.





Just take it into the dealer, come on its free.


Or, I dont see why you guys waste your time on yahoo answers.


Go to the BMW forums. For you google E60 forums2006 BMW 530i Oil Change - Where is the Access Cover to the Drain Plug.?
The battery is always located under the right plastic tray in the trunk.





The oil drain plug cover is a rectangular shaped plastic cover about 3 inches wide secured by one single screw.





- BMW dealers will only offer free oil change every 15000 miles. I'd do one in-between on my own anyway because I feel 15000 is pushing it a little too far.
There are three 8mm screws holding a triangular shaped cover in place on the splash shield under the engine. scouts honor. and yes, the battery is behind the right side cover which is held in place by two plastic 90 degree turn plugs.
drain plug is under that cover so if you cant see plug you have to remove cover to get to it really like four bolts holding it on try typing thsi into search box


repair manual 2006 BMW PDF


might get a repair manual might find info

No comments:

Post a Comment